Pulse tutors are viewed as mentors for our learners and often play a fundamental role in developing academic confidence.
Students find themselves overwhelmed with the adjustment to university courses in terms of:
- Work load.
- Study techniques.
- Time management.
- Writing and referencing advice.
- Exam execution.
We have developed a mentorship technique that will be implemented by all of our tutors and integrated into the lessons.
Whether students have just arrived at the university scene or have been around for a while, many learners struggle with classroom networking.
- Links many students who are studying the same courses to interact over coursework.
- Causes students to join forces to draw on each other’s strengths.
- Encourages students to work as a team and learn from other students.
- Prepares students for interaction in the work place.
We hold group study sessions supervised by a tutor to facilitate discussions and problems. Students may benefit from each other in an interactive environment.